from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or being an oracle.
- adj. Resembling or characteristic of an oracle:
- adj. Solemnly prophetic.
- adj. Enigmatic; obscure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to an oracle.
- adj. Prophetic, foretelling the future.
- adj. Ambiguous, hard to interpret.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to an oracle; uttering oracles; forecasting the future.
- adj. Resembling an oracle in some way, as in solemnity, wisdom, authority, obscurity, ambiguity, dogmatism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or of the nature of an oracle or oracles.
- Wise as an oracle; expressing opinions with the mysteriousness or dogmatism of an oracle.
- Of or pertaining to one possessing the power of delivering oracular or divine messages; possessing the power of uttering oracles: as, an oracular tongue.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to an oracle
- adj. obscurely prophetic
- adj. resembling an oracle in obscurity of thought
From Latin ōrāculum, oracle, from ōrāre, to speak.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)