from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by or full of force; effective: was persuaded by the forceful speaker to register to vote; enacted forceful measures to reduce drug abuse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. With assertive force; powerful.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Full of or processing force; exerting force; mighty.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Possessing force; forcible; expressing or representing with, force.
- Impelled by violence; driven with force; acting with power; violent; impetuous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by or full of force or strength (often but not necessarily physical)
- adj. forceful and definite in expression or action
Sorry, no etymologies found.