from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Asserting oneself or one's own rights or views.
- adj. Self-confident.
- adj. Overbearing; arrogant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. asserting one's self, or one's own rights or claims; hence, putting one's self forward in a confident or assuming manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Given to asserting one's opinions, rights, or claims; putting one's self forward in a confident or presumptuous manner.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. aggressively self-assured
Sorry, no etymologies found.