from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Marked by or filled with remorse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Feeling or filled with remorse.
- adj. Expressing or caused by remorse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Full of remorse.
- adj. Compassionate; feeling tenderly.
- adj. Exciting pity; pitiable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of remorse; impressed with a sense of guilt.
- Compassionate; feeling tenderly.
- Causing compassion; pitiable.
- Synonyms See repentance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. feeling or expressing pain or sorrow for sins or offenses
Sorry, no etymologies found.