American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Causing shame; disgraceful.
- adj. Giving offense; indecent.
- adj. Archaic Full of shame; ashamed.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Modest; shamefaced.
- Full of shame; tinged or permeated with a feeling of shame.
- That brings or ought to bring or put to shame; disgraceful; scandalous; as, shameful conduct.
- Synonyms Dishonorable, disreputable, outrageous, villainous, heinous, nefarious.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Bringing shame or disgrace; injurious to reputation; disgraceful.
- adj. Exciting the feeling of shame in others; indecent.
- adj. (used of conduct or character) deserving or bringing disgrace or shame
- adj. giving offense to moral sensibilities and injurious to reputation
- shame + -ful (Wiktionary)
“Tonight, we're reporting on the president's blistering attack on what he calls shameful bonuses on Wall Street.”
“Police say only a small number are indulging in what they call shameful behavior.”
“He went on to give an emotional, blistering indictment of the Democrats and Republicans, both parties, for what he described as a shameful attempt, in his words, to conduct a shameless -- to walk -- let me get this quote right.”
“The groups want Miyazawa to urge his guest formally to retract what they call the shameful "honorary white" label.”
“Phyllis was for one hour haughty and unforgiving over what she called his shameful neglect and, for another, in a fever of unrest to see him.”
“He added a hash tag to his tweet with the word "shameful.”
“The move came after after an ill-tempered Scottish Cup replay at Celtic Park on Wednesday which he described as "shameful".”
“The only thing shameful is the colossal failure of this weak president, his corrupt administration and the disgraceful democratic congress. gt”
“What IS shameful is that too many people will support any kinda foolishness to soothe the gulps of hatefulness many often swallow in non-support of this administration.”
“Also shameful is that the un-named person did not get a chance to check out the hot firemen cus she was too busy being harassed for ALMOST starting a fire.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘shameful’.
these I like very much
impressive growth, significant, outstanding, an AILING person ..., sick, a HUMBLE person -..., DISARMING critics..., VAIN - напрасный,..., unavailing, IGNOMINOUS - пост..., shameful, ignoble and 34 more...
My big word list.
not to me, lest ye get confused ;)
Looking for tweets for shameful.