from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Arousing loathing; abhorrent. See Synonyms at offensive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. highly offensive; sickening, abominable
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Fitted to cause loathing; exciting disgust; disgusting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Such as to cause loathing or excite disgust; disgusting; odious; detestable.
- Synonyms Nauseous, nauseating, revolting, sickening, abominable, hateful.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. causing or able to cause nausea
- adj. highly offensive; arousing aversion or disgust
Middle English lothsome : loth, hateful; see loath + -som, adj. suff.; see -some1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Middle English lothsum, as if loath + -some. (Wiktionary)