from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Causing abhorrence or disgust. See Synonyms at offensive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of revolt.
- n. The action of the verb to revolt in the "disgust or repel" sense only. A revolution is the only noun form for an anti-government uprising.
- adj. That which revolts or is repelling.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Causing abhorrence mixed with disgust; exciting extreme repugnance; loathsome.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Given to revolt or sedition; rebellious.
- Causing abhorrence or extreme disgust; shocking; repulsive.
- Synonyms Disgusting, nauseating, offensive, abominable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. highly offensive; arousing aversion or disgust
Sorry, no etymologies found.