from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lacking kindness, pity, or compassion; cruel. See Synonyms at cruel.
- adj. Deficient in emotional warmth; cold.
- adj. Not suited for human needs: an inhuman environment.
- adj. Not of ordinary human form; monstrous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to inhumanity and the indifferently cruel, sadistic or barbaric behavior it brings.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Destitute of the kindness and tenderness that belong to a human being; cruel; barbarous; savage; unfeeling.
- adj. Characterized by, or attended with, cruelty.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not human; not governed by feelings proper to human nature; specifically, not humane; hard-hearted; unfeeling; cruel.
- Not proper to human nature; destitute of human quality; specifically, showing want of humanity; marked by unfeelingness or cruelty.
- Synonyms Pitiless, merciless, brutal, ruthless, remorseless.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. without compunction or human feeling
- adj. belonging to or resembling something nonhuman
Sorry, no etymologies found.