from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Above or beyond the human; preternatural or supernatural.
- adj. Beyond ordinary or normal human ability, power, or experience: "soldiers driven mad by superhuman misery” ( John Reed).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Beyond what is possible for a human being.
- n. A human being with remarkable abilities.
- n. A fictional human being with superpowers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Above or beyond what is human; sometimes, divine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Above or beyond what is human; hence, sometimes, divine.
- Synonyms Preternatural, etc. See supernatural.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. above or beyond the human or demanding more than human power or endurance
super- + human (Wiktionary)