American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Above or beyond the human; preternatural or supernatural.
- adj. Beyond ordinary or normal human ability, power, or experience: "soldiers driven mad by superhuman misery” ( John Reed).
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Above or beyond what is human; hence, sometimes, divine.
- Synonyms Preternatural, etc. See supernatural.
- adj. Beyond what is possible for a human being.
- n. A human being with remarkable abilities.
- n. A fictional human being with superpowers.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Above or beyond what is human; sometimes, divine.
- adj. above or beyond the human or demanding more than human power or endurance
- super- + human (Wiktionary)
“Then, I had applied the term superhuman to it, with an almost instinctive knowledge that the creature was something different from the brute-beast.”
“A superhuman is just a person with superpowers that is still just a regular person.”
“A union superhuman is jailed for accidentally killing a boy in a power armour suit.”
“When vampires are changed from humans, they acquire certain superhuman abilities; speed is one of these.”
“Told that Giambi was among those describing him in superhuman terms, Rivera reminded reporters that he didn't like to talk about himself.”
“This one is a perfect example of both underlining “human” in superhuman and” take a minor character and develop him or her into fully-fledged personality”.”
“In all loves, even the most tragic, there is an instant of happiness that it is no exaggeration to call superhuman: it is a victory over time, a glimpse of the other side, of the there that is here, where nothing changes and everything that is, truly is.”
“Apparently though, she was also harbouring a slight amount of rage because she suddenly lunged at the man (who was happily oblivious amongst his thoughts and Dina Carroll mixtape), pushed him with what I can only describe as superhuman strength, and said “YOU F*CKING C*NT”.”
“Apparently though, she was also harbouring a slight amount of rage because she suddenly lunged at the man who was happily oblivious amongst his thoughts and Dina Carroll mixtape, pushed him with what I can only describe as superhuman strength, and said “YOU F*CKING C*NT”.”
“My Lord Chatham, whose wisdom his party in those days used to call superhuman, raised his oracular voice in the”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘superhuman’.
pretty open-ended here—terms, ideas, lingo, technologies and phenomena (real or postulated) that are, were, should be or could be used in speculative fiction
Beings that look human but are not, and powers that people can have.
( personal list, randomness )
related external links:
anti-god, beholder, witches, pre-human, sudden-death, frankenbeasts, hive mind, kill with a smile, overdose, dwale, existence, aura and 65 more...
Looking for tweets for superhuman.