from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Above or beyond the human; preternatural or supernatural.
- adj. Beyond ordinary or normal human ability, power, or experience: "soldiers driven mad by superhuman misery” ( John Reed).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Beyond what is possible for a human being.
- n. A human being with remarkable abilities.
- n. A fictional human being with superpowers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Above or beyond what is human; sometimes, divine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Above or beyond what is human; hence, sometimes, divine.
- Synonyms Preternatural, etc. See supernatural.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. above or beyond the human or demanding more than human power or endurance
Then, I had applied the term superhuman to it, with an almost instinctive knowledge that the creature was something different from the brute-beast.
A superhuman is just a person with superpowers that is still just a regular person.
A union superhuman is jailed for accidentally killing a boy in a power armour suit.
When vampires are changed from humans, they acquire certain superhuman abilities; speed is one of these.
Told that Giambi was among those describing him in superhuman terms, Rivera reminded reporters that he didn't like to talk about himself.
This one is a perfect example of both underlining “human” in superhuman and” take a minor character and develop him or her into fully-fledged personality”.
In all loves, even the most tragic, there is an instant of happiness that it is no exaggeration to call superhuman: it is a victory over time, a glimpse of the other side, of the there that is here, where nothing changes and everything that is, truly is.
Apparently though, she was also harbouring a slight amount of rage because she suddenly lunged at the man (who was happily oblivious amongst his thoughts and Dina Carroll mixtape), pushed him with what I can only describe as superhuman strength, and said “YOU F*CKING C*NT”.
Apparently though, she was also harbouring a slight amount of rage because she suddenly lunged at the man who was happily oblivious amongst his thoughts and Dina Carroll mixtape, pushed him with what I can only describe as superhuman strength, and said “YOU F*CKING C*NT”.
My Lord Chatham, whose wisdom his party in those days used to call superhuman, raised his oracular voice in the
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.