Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, belonging to, or like an angel; suitable to the nature or office of an angel.
- Of, pertaining to, or derived from the plant angelica.
- adj. Belonging to, or proceeding from, angels; resembling, characteristic of, or partaking of the nature of, an angel.
- adj. chemistry Of or pertaining to angelic acid.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Belonging to, or proceeding from, angels; resembling, characteristic of, or partaking of the nature of, an angel; heavenly; divine.
- adj. having a sweet nature befitting an angel or cherub.
- adj. marked by utter benignity; resembling or befitting an angel or saint.
- adj. (Chem.) Of or derived from angelica
- adj. marked by utter benignity; resembling or befitting an angel or saint
- adj. of or relating to angels
- adj. having a sweet nature befitting an angel or cherub
- From Old French angélique, from Latin angelicus, from Ancient Greek ἀγγελικός (angelikos, "of or for a messenger"), from ἄγγελος (angelos, "angel"). Equivalent to angel + -ic (Wiktionary)
“The competition is tough enough without the added, self-imposed pressure of trying to reach a bar so high that many use the word "angelic" to describe it.”
“Rosemary, who lives in the Twin Towers Place neighborhood east of downtown shared this story of what they call angelic behavior.”
“A sharp and nasty trident with which she pokes and prods me daily like some sort of mini demon in angelic disguise.”
“Archie the cat, though otherwise angelic, is a demon where houseplants are concerned.”
“She starred as Christine in the 2004 film version of "Phantom of the Opera," where she displayed the singing voice - described as "angelic" - that had launched her career in show business in the first place.”
“An eight-layered 'angelic'-looking vanilla cake proved hell for MasterChef's Alvin Quah, who became the first eliminated contestant of the competition's finals.”
“Lest there be any doubts among Southern Baptists investigators about this being erotic as opposed to platonic affection, the far older James called angelic young Villiers "my sweet child and wife, and grant that ye may ever be a comfort to your dear dad and husband.”
“The white above you, that white arc displays your spirit guides, otherwise known as angelic beings or deceased loved ones.”
“The Fourth Lateran Council declared that God is creator of all things visible and invisible, spiritual and corporeal; who by his almighty power, together at the beginning of time, formed out of nothing the spiritual creature and the corporeal creature, that is, the angelic and the terrestrial; and then the human creature, composed of both body and spirit.”
“In many instances, the Scriptures clearly refer to the angelic host even though the words malak and angellos are not used.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘angelic’.
Beautiful, attractive, well-formed
Ugly, unattractive, malformed
words associated with the macabre & horror.
( open list, randomness )
This is Ghost List 2 ( the kind that go 'boo!' ) :P
( open list )
All and any to do with those precious hymenated...
Writing systems (alphabets, syllabaries, etc.) from fiction (e.g. Tengwar) or otherwise from off the beaten track (e.g. Passing the River): inspired by omniglot.com/writing/fictional.php and omnigl...
how angel is used
Either words that sound cute, mean the word cute or ddescribe something cute.
Words I Like
need to know these words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looking for tweets for angelic.