from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having been canonized.
- adj. Of saintly character; holy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of saint.
- adj. Of or pertaining to a saint; saint-like, reverenced.
- adj. Used to mark a beloved person mentioned in conversation as being deceased.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consecrated; sacred; holy; pious.
- adj. Entered into heaven; -- a euphemism for dead.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Canonized; enrolled among the saints.
- Holy; pious.
- Entered into bliss; gone to heaven: often used as a euphemism for dead.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by utter benignity; resembling or befitting an angel or saint
Sorry, no etymologies found.