from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Known by or familiar with another.
- adj. Informed or familiar: Are you fully acquainted with the facts?
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Personally known; familiar.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of acquaint.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Personally known; familiar. See To be acquainted with, under acquaint, v. t.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having acquaintance; informed; having personal knowledge.
- Known; familiarly known; not new.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having fair knowledge of
Sorry, no etymologies found.