from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Sublime; delightful; enchanting.
- adj. Of or relating to the firmament; celestial: the sun, the moon, and other heavenly bodies.
- adj. Of or relating to the abode of God; divine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the heaven believed in by many religions; good, beautiful, glorious, pleasurable.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the heavens or sky, regarded as the realm of the sun, moon, planets and stars.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the kingdom of God; divine.
- adj. Extremely beautiful or pleasurable.
- adv. In a manner like that of heaven; by the influence or agency of heaven; divinely, miraculously.
- adv. To a degree such as to elicit great pleasure.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, resembling, or inhabiting heaven; celestial; not earthly
- adj. Appropriate to heaven in character or happiness; perfect; pure; supremely blessed
- adv. In a manner resembling that of heaven.
- adv. By the influence or agency of heaven.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to heaven, in either the physical or the spiritual sense; celestial: as, heavenly regions; heavenly peace; the heavenly throng.
- Fit for or characteristic of heaven; supremely blessed, excellent, or beautiful; angelic: as, a heavenly voice; a heavenly temper.
- Synonyms Ethereal, celestial.
- Godlike, divine, spiritual, blissful, beatific, seraphic, cherubic.
- In a manner as of heaven.
- By the influence or agency of heaven.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or inhabiting a divine heaven
- adj. of or relating to the sky
- adj. of or belonging to heaven or god
From Middle English hevenly, heofonlich, from Old English heofonlīċ ("heavenly, celestial; chaste"), equivalent to heaven + -ly. (Wiktionary)