from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of unusually high quality; excellent: a superb wine; superb skill.
- adj. Majestic; imposing: The cheetah is a superb animal.
- adj. Rich; luxurious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. first-rate; of the highest quality; exceptionally good
- adj. haughty
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Grand; magnificent; august; stately.
- adj. Rich; elegant.
- adj. Showy; excellent; grand.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Proud; haughty; arrogant.
- Grand; lofty; magnificent; august; stately; splendid.
- Rich; elegant; sumptuous; showy: as, superb furniture or decorations.
- Very fine; first-rate: as, a superb exhibition.
- Synonyms Magnificent, Splendid, etc. (see grand), noble, beautiful, exquisite.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of surpassing excellence
- adj. surpassingly good
Suzanne, Doug's wife, a superb, but I really mean _superb _blonde on the classic Hollywood pattern, had stood up and said, "All right, girls."
That is what we call a superb message board, I barely care to read out an entire forum section but this message board was successful in getting my interest and trust me, That?
In doing so, the authors will attempt to determine whether the U.S. government's characterization of Vietnamese cooperation as "superb" is warranted.
To his superb (both in the ordinary sense in which the word superb means "superb" and in the Corrine Brown sense in which the word superb means "superior") arguments I would add only one further point in support of the proper position:
Tomorrow, we are venturing out into the Mekong Delta, where, after two restful nights in superb accommodations, we will be bedding down in decidedly less luxurious digs.
Miami head coach Eric Spoelstra says all three of his star players showed up to training camp "in superb shape."
Hmmm, let's see, the Democratic smear machine in superb working order, personal attack after personal attack on her as well as her entire family.
Also superb is the Miami police officer struggling with “The Spider Kiss” mad disease spreading amidst residents in which an outbreak of insane human behavior in South Florida proves to have strange beastly origins.
To have a unique combination of an extremely rare dated gold coin, with a six figure value in superb condition, that is also a mint error (struck on a 3 Cent Nickel planchet) is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
That is simply because the upscaling mechanism of the High definition DVD players and blu-rays are too good, and they ended ordinary DVDs in superb colour and resolution.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.