from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of unusually high quality; excellent: a superb wine; superb skill.
- adj. Majestic; imposing: The cheetah is a superb animal.
- adj. Rich; luxurious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. first-rate; of the highest quality; exceptionally good
- adj. haughty
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Grand; magnificent; august; stately.
- adj. Rich; elegant.
- adj. Showy; excellent; grand.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Proud; haughty; arrogant.
- Grand; lofty; magnificent; august; stately; splendid.
- Rich; elegant; sumptuous; showy: as, superb furniture or decorations.
- Very fine; first-rate: as, a superb exhibition.
- Synonyms Magnificent, Splendid, etc. (see grand), noble, beautiful, exquisite.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of surpassing excellence
- adj. surpassingly good
Latin superbus, arrogant, superior; see uper in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin superbus. (Wiktionary)