from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Foremost in quality, rank, or importance.
- adv. Informal Very well; excellently.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A ship of the line in the British navy that had over 100 guns on three gun decks
- adj. Describing a ship of the line in the British navy that had over 100 guns on three gundecks
- adj. Exceptionally good
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of the highest excellence; preëminent in quality, size, or estimation.
- n. A war vessel of the highest grade or the most powerful class.
- adj. of the highest quality.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of the first class or rate; especially, of the highest excellence; preëminent in quality or estimation.
- n. Something rated among the first or in the first class; specifically, a war-ship of the first or most powerful rating or class.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. quite well
- adj. of the highest quality
Sorry, no etymologies found.