from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Widely known; familiar or famous: a well-known performer.
- adj. Fully known: well-known facts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Familiar, famous, renowned or widely known.
- adj. Generally recognised; reserved for some usual purpose.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Fully known; generally known or acknowledged.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Fully or familiarly known; clearly apprehended; generally acknowledged.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. frequently experienced; known closely or intimately
- adj. widely or fully known
Sorry, no etymologies found.