from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Made known or famous by fables; legendary.
- adj. Existing only in fables; fictitious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Known only in fables; fictitious.
- adj. Made known by fables; legendary, famed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Celebrated in fables; fabulously imagined.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. celebrated in fable or legend
Sorry, no etymologies found.