from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Inoperative: a disabled vehicle.
- adj. Impaired, as in physical functioning: a disabled veteran; disabled children.
- n. Physically impaired people considered as a group: the physically disabled.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Made incapable of use or action.
- adj. Having a disability, especially physical.
- adj. Legally disqualified.
- n. Those who are disabled, regarded collectively or as a social group.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of disable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. injured so as to be unable to function.
- adj. unable to function at normal capacity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. incapable of functioning as a consequence of injury or illness
- n. people collectively who are crippled or otherwise physically handicapped
Sorry, no etymologies found.