from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Physically or mentally disabled: a pool equipped for handicapped swimmers.
- n. People who have a physical or mental disability considered as a group. Often used with the.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of handicap.
- adj. Having a handicap.
- adj. Limited by an impediment of some kind.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. suffering from a handicap (in senses 4 or 5); disabled; at a disadvantage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. people collectively who are crippled or otherwise physically handicapped
- adj. incapable of functioning as a consequence of injury or illness
Sorry, no etymologies found.