American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Physically or mentally disabled: a pool equipped for handicapped swimmers.
- n. People who have a physical or mental disability considered as a group. Often used with the.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of handicap.
- adj. Having a handicap.
- adj. derogatory Limited by an impediment of some kind.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. suffering from a handicap (in senses 4 or 5); disabled; at a disadvantage.
- n. people collectively who are crippled or otherwise physically handicapped
- adj. incapable of functioning as a consequence of injury or illness
“Providing services for the handicapped is a wonderful thing.”
“This example seems absurd, but the actual result of depriving kids of the kind of science that will allow them to compete in a world not similarly handicapped is similar in terms of effect.”
“Some guy put an “Impeach Obama” bumper sticker on his car thinking it would let him park in handicapped parking spaces.”
“The Social Planning and Research Council of British Columbia (SPARC BC) reminds everyone that parking unnecessarily in handicapped or wheelchair spaces can have undesirable consequences.”
“Those hand rails in handicapped bathrooms suddenly make so much sense.”
“They weren't the ones who left their trucks in handicapped-parking zones, but a pair of Philadelphia Eagles stars were convicted Wednesday of parking offenses in cases brought by an activist who relentlessly guards such parking spots in this Philadelphia suburb.”
“Court finds McNabb, Trotter guilty in handicapped parking case”
“I continue to be stunned every time they are published - how we accept generation after generation of these kids to be educationally handicapped is beyond me.”
“The military and diplomatic effort in Afghanistan was handicapped from the start because the Administration had other concerns, and it ended badly even though it started well.”
“Clearly being handicapped is bad, and we dont want kids to see that and become quadrapalegic!”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘handicapped’.
List of words and phrases referring to the hand, hands, fist, or derivatives of the Latin manus, beginning with left-handed.
Looking for tweets for handicapped.