from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Past tense and past participle of spend.
- adj. Used up; consumed: a spent youth.
- adj. Having come to an end; passed: a spent era of opulence.
- adj. Depleted of energy, force, or strength; exhausted: At the end of the hot day the spent workers slept under a shady tree.
- adj. Nautical Of or relating to a vessel at the end of a voyage, with fuel, stores, and water consumed and cargo discharged.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Consumed, used up, exhausted, depleted.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of spend.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Exhausted; worn out; having lost energy or motive force.
- adj. Exhausted of spawn or sperm; -- said especially of fishes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Nearly or quite exhausted or worn out; having lost force or vitality; inefficient; impotent: generally in a comparative sense.
- Exhausted by spending or spawning; of fish, having spawned.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. depleted of energy, force, or strength
- adj. drained of energy or effectiveness; extremely tired; completely exhausted
Sorry, no etymologies found.