from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Past tense and past participle of pay1.
- v. Nautical A past tense and a past participle of pay2.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of pay.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Receiving pay; compensated; hired.
- Satisfied; contented.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Preterit and past participle of pay.
- Contented; satisfied; pleased. Also payd, payed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by the reception of pay
- adj. involving gainful employment in something often done as a hobby
- adj. yielding a fair profit
Sorry, no etymologies found.