from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Satisfied with things as they are; content: a contented expression on the child's face.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of content.
- adj. satisfied
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Content; easy in mind; satisfied; quiet; willing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Possessing or characterized by contentment; satisfied with present conditions; not given to complaining or to a desire for anything further or different; satisfied: as, a contented man; a person of a contented disposition.
- Fully disposed; not loth; willing; ready; resigned; passive.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. satisfied or showing satisfaction with things as they are
Sorry, no etymologies found.