from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Divided into or made up of distinct segments.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of segment.
- adj. Having or made of segments.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Divided into segments or joints; articulated.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Divided into segments, segmenta, or segmentella; characterized by or exhibiting segmentation; somitic; metameric: thus, the body of a vertebrate is segmented according to the number of vertebræ whether any actual division of parts may be evident or not.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having the body divided into successive metameres or segments, as in earthworms or lobsters
Sorry, no etymologies found.