from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of articulate.
- adj. Constructed with one or more pivoted joints which allow bending of an otherwise rigid structure.
- adj. Specifically, describes a vehicle with such joints, e.g. an articulated lorry, articulated bus, or certain kinds of streetcars and trains.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. United by, or provided with, articulations; jointed.
- adj. Produced, as a letter, syllable, or word, by the organs of speech; pronounced.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. consisting of segments held together by joints
Sorry, no etymologies found.