from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Being such as to entitle or warrant compensation: compensable injuries.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Able to be compensated; entitling one to compensation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. receiving money for services rendered.
- adj. qualifying one for receipt of compensation, such as for a bodily injury.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being compensated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. for which money is paid
Sorry, no etymologies found.