from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not essential; unimportant: dispensable items of personal property.
- adj. Capable of being dispensed, administered, or distributed: dispensable drugs.
- adj. Subject to dispensation, as a vow or church law.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Able to be done without; able to be expended; easily replaced.
- adj. Capable of being dispensed; distributable.
- adj. Subject to dispensation; possible to relax, exempt from, or annul.
- adj. Not essential to be taken in as part of an organism's diet, as it can be synthesized de novo.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being dispensed or administered.
- adj. Capable of being dispensed with.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being dispensed or administered.
- Capable of being spared or dispensed with.
- Capable of receiving or being the subject of dispensation; hence, excusable; pardonable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being dispensed with or done without
Sorry, no etymologies found.