from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Designed to be disposed of after use: disposable diapers; disposable razors.
- adj. Remaining to a person after taxes have been deducted: disposable income.
- adj. Free for use; available: Every disposable piece of equipment was sent to the fire.
- n. An article, such as a paper diaper or hypodermic syringe, that can be disposed of after one use.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any object that is designed to be disposed of rather than refilled or repaired.
- adj. That can be disposed of.
- adj. That is designed to be discarded rather than refilled or repaired.
- adj. Available to be used.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Subject to disposal; free to be used or employed as occasion may require; not assigned to any service or use.
- adj. designed to be disposed of after use; -- of articles of commerce. The term implies that it is less expensive to manufacture a new one than to clean and recycle the used item to make it fit for use again; ; disposable diapers; disposable gloves. Opposite of
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Subject to disposal; that may be disposed of; free to be used or employed as occasion may require; available: as, disposable property; the whole disposable force of an army.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. designed to be disposed of after use
- adj. free or available for use or disposition
- n. an item that can be disposed of after it has been used
dispose + -able (Wiktionary)