from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Responsible for killing or slaughter: a bloodstained government.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Stained, spotted or otherwise discolored with blood.
- adj. Having the color of something which has been stained with blood.
- adj. Responsible for the deaths of others.
- adj. By extension from sense #3, guilty of wrongdoing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. stained with blood.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Stained with blood; guilty of bloodshed or slaughter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. covered with blood
blood + stained (Wiktionary)