from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Showing signs of much wear or use.
- adj. Repeated too often; trite or hackneyed.
- adj. Carried or worn in a becoming manner: well-worn fame.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. showing signs of wear because of extensive use
- adj. trite or hackneyed; repeated too often
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Much affected by wear or use: hence, familiar from frequent repetition; worn threadbare.
- Properly or becomingly worn; suitably borne or maintained.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. showing signs of much wear or use
- adj. repeated too often; overfamiliar through overuse
Sorry, no etymologies found.