from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Tarnished, frayed, faded, or otherwise defective from being on display in a store.
- adj. Worn-out, as from overuse; trite: shopworn anecdotes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. used, as a sample item in a retail store
- adj. not fresh; tired or cliché
- adj. faded
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Somewhat worn or damaged by having been kept for a time in a shop.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Somewhat worn or defaced by the handling received in a shop or store, or by exposure outside a shop.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. repeated too often; overfamiliar through overuse
- adj. worn or faded from being on display in a store
Sorry, no etymologies found.