from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Showing the effects of long use or wear: timeworn lanes.
- adj. Used too often; trite: timeworn expressions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. showing the effects of wear due to long use
- adj. trite or banal; overused or hackneyed
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. repeated too often; overfamiliar through overuse
Sorry, no etymologies found.