from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Stale, trite, or commonplace through overuse; clichéd: bromidic gags in sitcoms.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. stale, banal, clichéd
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. of or pertaining to bromide (definition 2).
- adj. conventional or trite; repeated too often; overfamiliar through overuse -- of sayings, assertions, or discourses.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. dull and tiresome but with pretensions of significance or originality
- adj. given to uttering bromides
Sorry, no etymologies found.