American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Trite, dated, melodramatic, or mawkishly sentimental.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of the nature of corn; furnished with grains of corn.
- Producing corn; abounding with corn.
- Containing corn.
- Produced from corn; tasting strongly of corn or malt.
- Intoxicated; tipsy; corned.
- Horny; corneous; strong, stiff, or hard, like a horn.
- adj. Insipid or trite.
- adj. Hackneyed or excessively sentimental.
- adj. obsolete Producing corn or grain; furnished with grains of corn.
- adj. Containing corn; tasting well of malt.
- adj. obsolete, UK, slang tipsy; drunk
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Strong, stiff, or hard, like a horn; resembling horn.
- adj. rare Producing corn or grain; furnished with grains of corn.
- adj. rare Containing corn; tasting well of malt.
- adj. Vulgar, Eng. Tipsy.
- adj. informal overly or simplistically sentimental.
- adj. informal trite or tiresome; too weak to be effective; -- said of unsubtle attempts at humor.
- adj. dull and tiresome but with pretensions of significance or originality
- corn + -y (from "corn catalogue jokes", reputedly low-quality jokes that were at a time commonly printed in mail order seed catalogues) (Wiktionary)
- From corn1. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“At the state fair in Iowa, he ate what he called "corny dogs" and talked about growing up the son of a "dry-land cotton farmer" who appreciates the agricultural way of life.”
“What's really corny is that he made a show in Iraq trying to receive some recognition for the success of "Bush's war".”
“Nicole -- The Fletcher family says that corny is a hybrid of "corn" and "carnie.”
“Very sweet – and corny is good, in this case. xo by paris parfait”
“The Temptations recorded what was described as a 'corny' version of”
“The only odor is a little bit "corny" - as it's made from corn!”
“The script for Brett Ratner’s “X-Men: The Last Stand” continued this theme, offering a “cure” for mutants that stripped them of their powers, but the movie also reveled in corny dialogue and moved too fast to be very cohesive.”
“The name is corny, but the results can turn pockmarked neighborhood streets around in a single weekend.”
“Mr. LUCAS: In the art world it's called corny and naive.”
“The "feel good" style of music from the 80's is vastly different from the music of today, therefore, to remake an 80's movie with new millenium music is just plain corny.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘corny’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
WARNING: VERY EXPLICIT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
funny derogatory names, quotes, phrases.
( open list, randomness, ad hom, ad hominem )
buttfucking quitter, dirty sanchez, donkey punch, falcon punch, assbadger, unicorn turd, assclown, fudgenut, quackery, friggin homo, buttmuncher, jackwagon and 274 more...
What a -Y does to an otherwise common, dull word
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favorite word" and adds it to this list.
grabbable, retuiteando, leaving, fantastic, absolutely, kurwa, hella, ridic, underpass, hate, interlude, plush and 2369 more...
Words as I learn them.
good grief, I'm getting irritable.
words that I refuse to say out loud.
Words from a 2009 'Brooklyns Finest' film.
Looking for tweets for corny.