from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Bulging or hanging loosely: baggy trousers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of clothing, very loose-fitting, so as to hang away from the body.
- adj. Of or relating to a British music genre of the 1980s and 1990s, influenced by Madchester and psychedelia and associated with baggy clothing.
- n. A small plastic bag, as for sandwiches.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Resembling a bag; loose or puffed out, or pendent, like a bag; flabby.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the appearance of a bag; bulging out loosely like a bag; puffy: as, a baggy umbrella; a baggy face.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not fitting closely; hanging loosely
By the early 80s, it had an arthouse cinema, club nights run by the soon-to-be-famous Factory Records, and even a "Hulme look" of intense youths in baggy secondhand suits.
I mean, I've played sports my entire life in baggy shorts and a big shirt.
In drama class, clad in baggy jeans, they fool around, pretending to be robots.
Now 9, he rocks a serious mohawk, and a ton of temporary tattoos, and marches around in baggy jeans and a white tank top.
It seemed like a stark contrast when some of the dressed reenactors would walk past women in baggy tops and shorts!
In the background, Ross greets Celia and Touchstone, and their mutual friends CORY, a stoner in baggy clothes, and SYLVIA, a grungy dyke who sports dreads and an army shirt.
At the end, they disappeared for a few moments, to return in baggy jeans, sweatshirts or T-shirts and running shoes, and continued to dance.
They're dressed like students, in baggy khaki cargo shorts, Tevas and T-shirts.
He's seldom look back since when confronted by those in baggy green.
I might have performed a more recent rock song, but I wouldn't have come out in baggy jeans with headphones on or anything.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.