from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A playing marble.
- n. Informal An agricultural school or college.
- n. Informal A student enrolled at such a school or college.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Marble or a marble made of agate, or one that looks as if it were made of agate
- n. An agricultural school, such as one of the state land-grant colleges.
- n. A student or alumnus of such a school.
ag(ate) + -y3.
ag(ricultural) + -y3.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
A diminutive shortening of agate (Wiktionary)
A diminutive shortening of agricultural (Wiktionary)