from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of being divided, especially with no remainder: 15 is divisible by 3 and 5.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Capable of being divided or split.
- adj. Of an integer, that, when divided by another integer, leaves no remainder.
- n. Any substance that can be divided.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being divided or separated.
- n. A divisible substance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of division; that may be separated or disunited; consisting of separable parts or elements: as, a line is divisible into an infinite number of points.
- In arithmetic, capable of division without remainder: as, 100 is divisible by 10.
- n. That which is susceptible of division.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being or liable to be divided or separated
Latin divisibilis, from the verb divido. (Wiktionary)