Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being distinguished, separated, or discriminated from something else.
- Capable of being perceived, recognized, or made out; perceptible; discernible: as, a scarcely distinguishable speck in the sky.
- Capable of being distinguished or classified according to distinctive marks, characteristics, or qualities; divisible: as, sounds are distinguishable into high and low.
- Worthy of note or special regard.
- adj. Able, or easily able to be distinguished.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Capable of being distinguished; separable; divisible; discernible; capable of recognition.
- adj. Worthy of note or special regard.
- adj. (often followed by `from') not alike; different in nature or quality
- adj. capable of being perceived as different or distinct
- distinguish + -able (Wiktionary)
“How, if at all, are the Taliban distinguishable from the ordinary Afghan citizen?”
“The liberals of the time were distinguishable from the progressives and were still pretty much an elite intellectual group. clark Says:”
“You can tell because the Muslim-is-terrorist rate is miniscule, and is probably not distinguishable from the Christian-is-terrorist rate.”
“Try to make it easily distinguishable from the TV, you know?”
“Heck, the federal statute in Dickerson was distinguishable from the state interrogation procedures invalidated in Miranda.”
“The Louisiana child rape statute was theoretically distinguishable from the Georgia rape statute in Coker.”
“Indeed, as Louis Menand has it, Bridge of Sighs is "high-quality soap opera," distinguishable from a book like Peyton Place mostly in that it is "gentler.”
“For example, should the judge even allow the motion to dismiss or SJ to be briefed on the merits, or should the only briefing be limited to whether the issue is distinguishable from the old decision?”
“Sikhs are easily distinguishable from the population since the practicing Sikh men wear turbans and beards.”
“Then they used the computer code to artificially reproduce the DNA in the laboratory, slightly modifying it with a “watermark” so it was distinguishable from the original natural one.”
‘distinguishable’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for distinguishable.