American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Not distinguishable, especially:
- adj. Impossible to differentiate or tell apart: indistinguishable twins; markings that make a moth indistinguishable from its background.
- adj. Impossible to discern; imperceptible: a sound that was indistinguishable to the human ear.
- adj. Difficult to understand or make out; vague: indistinguishable speech.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not distinguishable; incapable of being distinguished, separated, or discriminated.
- adj. Not distinguishable; not capable of being perceived, known, or discriminated as separate and distinct
- adj. Not capable of being perceived or known.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Not distinguishable; not capable of being perceived, known, or discriminated as separate and distinct; hence, not capable of being perceived or known
- adj. not capable of being distinguished or differentiated
- adj. exactly alike; incapable of being perceived as different
- in- + distinguishable (Wiktionary)
“And it is what we call indistinguishable from all of the others.”
“Otherwise, a President really is indistinguishable from a dictator.”
“Men and women, all indistinguishable from the creature who had shared its house with Conan -- there were no children, Conan noted -- moved about the village in the same unhurried pace, lugging an empty basket here, dumping a pale of water there.”
“Or will it be indistinguishable from the infrastructure of digital communication?”
“Further, the income distribution of recruits is virtually indistinguishable from the general population of the same age group and they come from households that generally represent the demographics of the nation.”
“Of course, they remain free to attack B'nai Brith and the Canadian Jewish Congress as they've always done -- in language completely indistinguishable from the dreck you can find, for example, over at Ezra Levant's place.”
“A billion dollars worth of oil-spill cleanup and cyanide for a suicide cult is indistinguishable from a billion dollars worth of education and bridge repair.”
“After all, cutting back on something temporarily out of budgetary necessity is indistinguishable from a long term master plan to eliminate it.”
“If by assimilate it is meant that the foreigner in question has become indistinguishable from the natives then that is neither likely or probable, if even possible, given that many, or most, are likely older retirees that are trying to attain some degree of assimilation.”
“In general, the children who go through these complex surgical interventions are doing very, very well on a day-to-day basis and really indistinguishable from the other kids in the class.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘indistinguishable’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
compartmentalisation, compartmentalization, counterrevolution..., counterrevolutionary, electroencephalogram, electroencephalog..., electroencephalog..., electroencephalog..., electroencephalog..., electroencephalog..., institutionalisation, institutionalization and 634 more...
Looking for tweets for indistinguishable.