from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of the same substance, nature, or essence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of the same substance or essence.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of the same kind or nature; having the same substance or essence; coessential.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the same substance or essence; coessential.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. regarded as the same in substance or essence (as of the three persons of the Trinity)
Middle English consubstancial, from Late Latin cōnsubstantiālis : Latin com-, com- + Late Latin substantiālis, substantial; see substantial.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin consubstāntiālis, from con- + substāntia ("substance"). (Wiktionary)