from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Existing without a perceptible cause; spontaneous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That which happens spontaneously, unintended and uninitiated.
- adj. Since all things must come from something that causes them the uncaused cause is that one thing that began the chain of existance, often identified as God.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having no antecedent cause; uncreated; self-existent; eternal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having no precedent cause; existing without an author; uncreated; self-existent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having no cause or apparent cause
Sorry, no etymologies found.