from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not legible or decipherable; illegible: unreadable handwriting.
- adj. Unsuitable for or not worth reading: unreadable prose.
- adj. Not interesting; dull: wholly unreadable statistics.
- adj. Incomprehensible; opaque: an unreadable facial expression.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That cannot be read or is not easy to read.
- adj. Not sufficiently interesting to be worth reading.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not readable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not easily deciphered
She rolled toward him, her expression unreadable as she stared at him for several heartbeats and then finally shook her head.
He sat at the opposite side of the table from Nero, his expression unreadable due to the fact that his face was concealed by a smooth oval mask of flawless black glass.
There's no contrast between the font color and the background, making the title unreadable on a shelf.
“I know you did,” Lucien said, his expression unreadable, his exhaustion-etched face still.
Over his shoulder I see Lucy watching us, her expression unreadable.
Lila stares into the glass of a vending machine, her expression unreadable.
The admiral looked at Brandon, his expression unreadable, saying nothing.
Brian shook his head, and the glare from the monitor on his glasses rendered his expression unreadable.
She glanced at Trace to see his reaction, only to find his expression unreadable.
His eyes roamed over me, his expression unreadable.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.