from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not acceptable; unsatisfactory.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. unsatisfactory; not acceptable
- adj. not conforming to accepted usage
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not acceptable; not pleasing; not welcome; unpleasant; disagreeable; displeasing; offensive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not acceptable; not pleasing; not welcome; not such as will be received with pleasure; displeasing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not conforming to standard usage
- adj. not adequate to give satisfaction
- adj. used of persons or their behavior
- adj. not acceptable; not welcome
un- + acceptable (Wiktionary)