from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Unattractive, dislikable, objectionable.
- v. Present participle of displease.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Causing displeasure or dissatisfaction; offensive; disagreeable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Offensive to the mind or any of the senses; disagreeable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. causing displeasure or lacking pleasing qualities
Perhaps a calque of Old French desplaisant, from the verb desplere ("to displease"). (Wiktionary)