American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Not up to expectations or hopes: a disappointing test score; finished the marathon in a disappointing 12th place.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Causing disappointment; not equal to or falling short of one's expectation; unsatisfactory.
- adj. That disappoints or disappoint.
- v. present participle of disappoint.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. defeating one's expectations or hopes; failing to fulfill one's expectations or hopes.
- n. the act of disappointing someone.
- adj. not up to expectations
“With or without Umenyiora, Coughlin believes the only way to improve after what he called a "disappointing" loss is practice, practice and more practice.”
“Ashton says she will seek clarification on Iran's latest response to a proposal for talks, which she calls disappointing.”
“Ashton said she would seek clarification on Iran's latest written response to a proposal for talks, which she called disappointing.”
“It was considering whether to seek permission to appeal to the supreme court in the light of what it described as a disappointing ruling.”
“Not only is Brent ready to win but he's ready to recover from what he called a disappointing Rockingham Speedway debut.”
“Maybe most disappointing is the knowledge that this Demons squad was an experienced bunch with juniors and seniors getting the bulk of the playing time and producing the bulk of the offense, with sophomore center William Mosley being the lone exception.”
“What's disappointing is that the Democrats were caught off-guard by this.”
“The risk of the [Federal Reserve] disappointing is high," in terms of the size of a new stimulus package when it meets Nov. 2-3 and decides on further action, which most have already priced into the dollar and believe is a foregone conclusion, she said.”
“Most disappointing is that taxpayers may not be getting a reliable electric car out of the deal.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘disappointing’.
Things that describe my condition right now.
Looking for tweets for disappointing.