from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not up to expectations or hopes: a disappointing test score; finished the marathon in a disappointing 12th place.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That disappoints or disappoint.
- v. Present participle of disappoint.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. defeating one's expectations or hopes; failing to fulfill one's expectations or hopes.
- n. the act of disappointing someone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Causing disappointment; not equal to or falling short of one's expectation; unsatisfactory.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not up to expectations
Sorry, no etymologies found.