from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Feeling or expressing sympathy, pity, or regret: I'm sorry I'm late.
- adj. Worthless or inferior; paltry: a sorry excuse.
- adj. Causing sorrow, grief, or misfortune; grievous: a sorry development.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Regretful for an action; grieved or saddened, especially by the loss of something or someone.
- adj. Poor, sad or regrettable.
- interj. Expresses regret, remorse, or sorrow.
- interj. Used as a request for someone to repeat something not heard or understood clearly.
- n. The act of saying sorry; an apology.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Grieved for the loss of some good; pained for some evil; feeling regret; -- now generally used to express light grief or affliction, but formerly often used to express deeper feeling.
- adj. Melancholy; dismal; gloomy; mournful.
- adj. Poor; mean; worthless.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Feeling sorrow; grieved; sorrowful; unhappy; sad; pained; especially, feeling repentance or regret: noting either deep or slight, prolonged or transient, emotion.
- Causing sorrow; painful; grievous; mournful.
- Associated with sorrow; suggestive of grief or suffering; melancholy; dismal.
- Vile; wretched; worthless; mean; paltry; poor.
- Synonyms Vexed, chagrined.
- Pitiful, shabby.
- To sorrow; grieve.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. causing dejection
- adj. feeling or expressing regret or sorrow or a sense of loss over something done or undone
- adj. bad; unfortunate
- adj. without merit
I think I messed up, so sorry guys, $sorry bolne mein koi sharam nahiless than a minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®Salman Khan
Taylor Swift-Mary's Song (Oh, My My My) lyrics [Good Quality!] *** sorry people in US, somethin about copyright stuff, so they blocked our country DX sorry*** I noticed that all the songs uploaded sounded kinda weird, so I took matters into my own hands (c) 2006 Big Machines Records I DO NOT OWN THIS SONG!
Taylor Swift-Mary's Song (Oh, My My My) lyrics [Good Quality!] *** sorry people in US, somethin about copyright stuff, so they blocked our country DX sorry***
Don't be sorry - I am not - this is a fact - Tracy's essence is gritty - noir - shadowy - a sorry-*** character.
"Oh," said the girl, impulsively taming toward him, her face very red, "I am so sorry, I am so _sorry_!
But I should be so sorry, -- _so sorry_ for you. "
I think I messed up, so sorry guys, $sorry bolne mein koi sharam nahi. "
I was curious does anyone do family gatherings during the holidays perhaps Thanksgiving or Christmas (* insert other holiday gathering sorry there are so many during that time of year sorry*?
I agree that just saying your sorry is the best thing.
That made still another inflection of the word sorry.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.