from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Ill-fated; unlucky. See Synonyms at unfortunate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. doomed to a bad fate; hapless
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Fated to be unfortunate; unlucky.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Under the influence of an evil star; hence, fated to be unfortunate; ill-omened.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by or promising bad fortune
Sorry, no etymologies found.