from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Marked by, suffering, or promising lack of luck; unlucky. See Synonyms at unfortunate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Unsuccessful, in a failing manner.
- adj. Without luck.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Being without luck; unpropitious; unfortunate; unlucky; meeting with ill success or bad fortune
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having no luck; suffering mischance; unlucky; unsuccessful: as, a luckless gamester.
- Unattended by luck; bringing or marked by ill luck or misfortune; unfortunate: unfavorable : as, a luckless adventure.
- Synonyms Unlucky, ill-starred, ill-fated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or bringing misfortune
luck + -less (Wiktionary)