from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having wealth; rich. See Synonyms at rich.
- adj. Marked by abundance: a wealthy land.
- adj. Well supplied: wealthy in compassion.
- n. Rich people considered as a group. Often used with the.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Possessing financial wealth; rich.
- adj. Abundant in quality or quantity; profuse.
- n. Rich people.
- n. A rich person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having wealth; having large possessions, or larger than most men, as lands, goods, money, or securities; opulent; affluent; rich.
- adj. Hence, ample; full; satisfactory; abundant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having wealth; rich; having large possessions; opulent; affluent.
- Rich in any sense, as in beauty, ornament, endowments, etc.; enriched.
- Well-fed; in good condition.
- Synonyms Moneyed, well off, well to do.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having an abundant supply of money or possessions of value
wealth + -y (Wiktionary)