American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having wealth; rich. See Synonyms at rich.
- adj. Marked by abundance: a wealthy land.
- adj. Well supplied: wealthy in compassion.
- n. Rich people considered as a group. Often used with the.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having wealth; rich; having large possessions; opulent; affluent.
- Rich in any sense, as in beauty, ornament, endowments, etc.; enriched.
- Well-fed; in good condition.
- Synonyms Moneyed, well off, well to do.
- adj. Possessing financial wealth; rich.
- adj. Abundant in quality or quantity; profuse.
- n. uncountable Rich people.
- n. countable A rich person.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Having wealth; having large possessions, or larger than most men, as lands, goods, money, or securities; opulent; affluent; rich.
- adj. rare Hence, ample; full; satisfactory; abundant.
- adj. having an abundant supply of money or possessions of value
- wealth + -y (Wiktionary)
“Even when they do invest the money to acctually create jobs the increase in wealth for the non-wealthy is pretty small compared to the increace in wealth to the wealthy from the decreased taxes AND the subsequent return on investment from said investment of reduced taxes.”
“In fact, in a direct contradiction to my joke above, increased taxes on the wealthy is a pro-growth option.”
“Protecting the wealth of the wealthy is the only goal of Conservatism.”
“If the wealthy is already given/allowed the nation's wealth, then why should the wealthy bother to produce real goods and service?”
“And I think the big philosophical thing that the president believes in -- he does not want to lower individual tax rates or cooperate tax rates in any way that would put money in the hands of what he describes as the wealthy or the rich.”
“More taxes on the wealthy is all I've heard and it won't do a damn thing but drag our economy down.”
“Raising taxes on the wealthy is a PROVEN economic stimulus.”
“I beg your pardon," interposed Quincy, "I am not what they call a wealthy young man; the fact that my father is possessed of a large fortune has probably given rise to the incorrect impression just repeated by you.”
“Please note the quotation marks around the word wealthy.”
“Yep, that's right ..... the definition of "wealthy" is now anyone who has an income. cspurgeon”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘wealthy’.
The present, the future. Goals, wishes, hopes.
Very basic words for ESL students.
An ode to apples. I am much indebted to 'Wild Apples' which, though probably not likely to change your life and improve your productivity at the sausage factory, will enthrall you with half an hou...
by Malcolm Alexander
If you wish to be wealthy, duck beneath
the topcoat of a well-dressed river
until you come up with a mossy boot
filled with shiners. Spend them w...
A list of SAT words that mean 'abundant or rich.' Based on Gruber's SAT Word Master word list. Categorizing words by meaning can help you to memorize more effectively.
How many apple varieties can we name?
Grade 2 Week 5
Looking for tweets for wealthy.