from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, intended for, or relating to high-income consumers: an upscale neighborhood; upscale fashions.
- transitive v. To raise to a higher level; upgrade.
- transitive v. To redesign or market for higher-income consumers: "the upscaling of TV dinners [to] savory, low-calorie entrées” ( Bernice Kanner).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Marked by wealth or quality; high-class.
- v. To increase in size, to scale up.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. relating to, or characteristic of, affluent people or people in the upper social classes.
- adj. expensive or of high quality.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. appropriate for people with good incomes
up + scale, 1966 (Wiktionary)