from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of a suburb.
- adj. Located or residing in a suburb.
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of the culture, customs, and manners typical of life in the suburbs.
- n. A suburbanite.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to or characteristic of or situated on the outskirts of a city.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to suburbs; inhabiting, or being in, the suburbs of a city.
- n. One who dwells in the suburbs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to, inhabiting, or being in the suburbs of a city.
- n. One who dwells in the suburbs of a city.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or characteristic of or situated in suburbs
From Latin suburbanus, from prefix sub- ("under"), + urbs ("city"), + adjective suffix -anus. (Wiktionary)